in-fill project for Cville

>> Friday, November 2, 2007


So we're working on this really cool infill project for one of my planning classes and I've been getting into the sketching thing. I know you can't really tell what the illustrations are but they have to do with a new bridge we are proposing for an area of Charlottesville that needs revitalization. The bridge is going to connect the old Martha Jefferson hospital to the new MJ hospital on the Southwest area of the county. We're hoping to make the bridge pedestrian and bike friendly, to create a riverwalk area that would draw in nice restaurants and shops, to preserve the residential area near the bridge for affordable housing, and to encorporate progressive homes and shops with green roofs, etc.
Soon I'll have a new sketch that will be a better demonstration of exactly how we propose our new vision for the area. It should be a fun project!
I haven't posted any pictures in a while, which is most of the reason why I started this blog. I'll hopefully have some soon since we're going hiking in the morning off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Yay for fall!

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP