I'm semi-famous via an espn journalist.. haha

>> Friday, October 24, 2008

Let me just say, I had a BLAST in Clemson/Greenville last weekend. I really can't recall a time when things were more perfect... perfect people, perfect food, (almost) perfect weather...

I think regardless of what I end up doing in May, I am totally comfortable with the idea now of moving back closer to home. I'm still not thrilled about ever moving to Columbia, but I would be more than happy to end up in Greenville. It's really nice to know that my friends are still amazing... even if they are married :). I was afraid if I moved back I would feel rushed into settling down like everyone else has seemed to.. but I'm really not worried about that anymore. It seems like Greenville offers good things for both worlds.. and it's always nice to be near Clemson for football season!

Anyway, I exchanged emails with Heather Dinich, the ESPN ACC blogger after I realized I caught her in a picture I took of CJ Spiller. I figured she would enjoy a copy of the picture so I messaged her to tell her about it and asked her to reply via email so I could send the attachment. Within a couple hours she responded and we exchanged a couple of emails throughout the night. She seems like a really cool girl.. I feel bad for her that she gets trash talked on the blog for being a female sports journalist. I think she's gained the respect of her readers by now, though. Proves that girls can be just as into football as guys :) (and not just as a ploy to gain male attention!).

Here's the picture and the convo... Enjoy!



Hi Tia!

Got your msg in the mailbag … I’d love to see the picture, thanks! That was too funny. I didn’t actually mean to JOIN the parade, I just wanted to walk alongside. I kinda got swept up in it. Whoops! No doubt the most exciting pregame I’ve had this season. Sure beat sittin’ in the press box! :)

Thanks for the note!

Heather Dinich



Hey Heather-

Here you go. I kind of wish it wouldn't have turned out blurry.. it's a fun picture of CJ as well.

I thought it was funny when you walked by... I was like, whoa... I feel like I know her! Haha. You have such a cool job!

That was definitely a great game. I picked the right one to go back for. It felt like the old Clemson. I especially liked how alive the fans and players were coming out of half time. I haven't seen/felt that in a really long time! I know we didn't win... and we still made a lot of the same mistakes... but I have a good feeling about Dabo. It seems like the players really respect him and he has the energy Clemson needs right now. I think we played well considering all of the transitions in only a week!

Anyway, glad you had fun at the game! Clemson is a special little place... we'll get what we've been hoping for soon enough!

Keep up the good work!

Tia



(Heather):

Hahaha that’s great! My editor will get a kick out of that. I told him I got stuck in it. Thanks for finding me and forwarding it. I DO have a cool job, thanks, and Clemson is one of my favorite trips in the ACC. Regardless of who the next coach is, things can only get better!

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the season!

hd

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP