Life was great in 2008!

>> Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looking back, I had a really great year last year. Not to say it was always easy or fun, but I had some major life changes/experiences that I'm going to probably remember forever. Here are just some random memories from the year.


* Learning to play tennis (a truly impossible feat at the time)
* Babysitting Brooke, Jane and Georgia. Watching Georgia take her first step.
* Meeting Apple.. watching Vincent take his first step.
* Rediscovering Nashville with Will.
* Realizing Pigeon Forge is an example of the reason America needs planners.
* Learning to swim correctly.
* Thanksgiving through the end of the semester (hell on earth)
* Learning more than I ever wanted to know about Nicaragua and BMW/Greenville
* Being at home over spring break while my Nanny passed away.
* Losing Gabby.
* Falling back in love with the mountains.
* Seeing a momma and baby black bear in the wild.
* Discovering bluegrass and folk music.
* Skiing in Vail.
* Transferring.
* Having one of the greatest summers of my life in Cville... Realizing I will make a great stay at home mom one day :)
* First night out with friends in Bburg.
* Bluegrass at the cellar.
* 3 AM cheese and cracker nights at Meghans.
* March Madness.
* Awfuls.
* Clemson/VT and Boston games... that was 2007 but oh well
* GT weekend with all of my college favorites.
* Apple/Peach picking.
* Learning to like fish (sort of).
* Fun times in DC.
* Wrecking my car twice/ cracking my windshield.
* Biking everywhere... having a drunk UVa kid tell me my butt was blinking.
* Eating way too many turkey sandwiches.
* Realizing my college roommies still and always will be my very best friends.
* Mary Jane and Andrew's wedding.
* NYC with Katy.
* Significantly decreasing my consumption of lattes.
* Fridays after Five/ Gelato/ Cville Market/ Shenandoah Joe's/ Thai 99/ Christian's Pizza/ Harris Teeter (can you believe it?)
* Sun dresses.
* Becoming a first class procrastinator.
* Swing dancing.
* Polo!
* Hiking around Bburg.
* Fall in Bburg.
* Running around horse pastures.
* Officially switching from Orange to Purple (no more orange!)
* Turning 25... scary.
* The phone call from my mom saying she found my violin (it was a big deal)
* Not spending enough time with my brother.. new goal for this year
* Halloween.
* Realizing I actually like planning (at least economic development).
* New years eve.
* 80s night.
* Punch Brother concert(s)
* Sarah visit.
* Thursday night craziness... losing my phone.
* Always wanting to dance..complaining there was nowhere to dance... dancing anyway.
* Realizing I have a good group in Blacksburg~ being glad I moved

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP