Done! but still in limbo

>> Sunday, June 28, 2009

Now that I'm finished with my paper (as of like 2 weeks ago) I should be pretty content. I mean, I worked really hard on it. Spent a lot of time on this pretty little cover page... 




But.. I'm pretty restless. The only thing I've really been able to accomplish since I've been home is consistent training for a half marathon. I've run at least 3 miles a day for the last 2 weeks.. and it's felt great to finally get back into shape. Running is the one thing I look forward to every day bc it's the one thing I can get really motivated about. I've been applying for jobs.. mostly in Colorado.. and it kind of sucks feeling like every application I turn in is a long shot. I've only applied for one job in my field (only one I've seen), so I've had to apply for other jobs that use only a few of my skills and then explain in the cover letter that I think I'm capable of the position. 

The perks of being home is that I've been able to manage a flexible schedule and do some visiting with friends. I usually only go out at obscure times (like in between meals) so I'm not tempted to spend money. Mostly I stay inside and chill with Rylynn. She's a good pal. She's also taken quite a liking to my bed. 



Right now I'm hanging out with Ryan in Atlanta Bread while he plans his trip to Europe. I'll be sad when he's gone.. but I'll most likely still be here in July when he gets back. I'll have to find a few more Columbia people to hang out with until then. Thankfully my old roommates are still in the state or nearby. 

I have a few babysitting gigs to maintain my checking account through the summer. I just need to have a better attitude and not get so discouraged. I think either way I should move out West where my field is actually valued. I'm a little nervous to be doing planning in the South in case the economy doesn't turn around soon. Plus, I think I would be happy in Colorado. There's a half marathon in Denver in October.. so it's something fun to aim for if possible. 


Who knows what's next. I think God is trying to teach me to relax.. it's not an easy thing for me to not be in control. For now I'm loving hanging out with the fam and my best friends.. that part has been really, really great.  

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP