Let the shooting begin

>> Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, okay, I guess the shooting has already begun. It just feels good to be shooting with a little more purpose now. :)

Sorry this blog has a few errors. I switched out the template recently but I'm not sure why the header now has tabs that don't go to the right links. I'm trying to get it removed. Also, please feel free to add this blog to your google reader. I used to have a link to subscribe but it somehow disappeared... ha. If you have any idea how to add this link, please let me know!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Pretty Place, Greenville and Clemson to see what fun shots I can get for the Okra Strut Festival. I think Sarah is doing a little photo shoot for me as well so that should be fun.

Right now I'm exporting all of my pictures to my external hard drive because I'm absolutely out of space on my macbook. It took me forever to figure out how to do this since I'm used to just backing up my entire computer. These little obstacles are going to be interesting... I need to become tech savvy very fast!

A couple nights ago I took pictures of downtown Columbia. I realized as I was walking over the Gervais St. Bridge that I had put myself into a couple compromising situations lately to get a good shot. I ended up calling my brother's roommate (since Taylor was working) to ask him to meet me on the bridge bc I was afraid to walk back to my car by myself. I had at least a couple sketchy cars drive really close to me and scream at me out of their window.. nearly scaring me to death. One guy walked by (seemed mostly normal) but asked if I was taking pictures of Columbia. I responded "seems that way".. ha.










The bug that flew in my face after the flash went off. Needless to say I screamed ;)


Yesterday I did a photo shoot with 2 of the girls I babysit, Meredith and Sarah. We stayed outside from 2 until 5, and I must say they are troopers to handle the heat as long as they did. We had a marble slab break in between to cool off a bit. I think overall they really enjoyed it... it was great practice and a good chance to see what areas of Columbia work well for pictures.




I have a feeling Sarah is going to be a model one day.






There were many other shots that day but I am currently trying to free up space so that I can upload them. More to come...

This is off the subject of photography, but I just want to say that it's been nice living at home and being able to hang out with my parents on a daily basis. For the past couple of years I've only seen them during stressful weekends, holidays and vacations. They seem to be a lot more snappy with each other during those times. However, they are completely different people in our home and it's especially been great to see how much my dad loves my mom. He's always doing little sweet things for her and he's so patient when other people (like myself) might not be. He's also really affectionate.. like yesterday when my mom bumped her funny bone on the countertop while cooking and he came over and kissed her all over her arm to make her laugh. These are fun little parts of my parents relationship that I haven't seen as much since I've been gone.. and it's very comforting to know that they really are enjoying growing older together.


Hopefully I'll have some great stuff after tomorrow! My brother told me yesterday that he's going to let me do a photo shoot of him as well.. so that should be fun :) 

Thanks to all of you for your support... it's been very much appreciated! 

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP