growing. hopefully.

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Funny how 3 days into my photography certification I'm starting to realize that my latest photos aren't up to par. Maybe that's kind of the goal so you know how to improve.. I'm not sure.

I took a couple of photos while at the zoo this past weekend. This photo was the only one I thought was worth saving:

Botanical Gardens, Riverbank Zoo

There was also a great sunset above the pond the other night. I feel like the photo itself could have been MUCH better to capture the actual beauty that I witnessed:



I say all of that not to be hard on myself. I'm actually kind of glad that I'm starting to notice the difference in what I'm currently producing and my potential. This class has been a whirl of information and it's a little overwhelming, but slowly everything is starting to come together. Our teacher is a retired scientist who literally took apart a camera to learn about how all of the pieces work to produce perfectly exposed photos. It's amazing how reliant we've become on automatic mode and have been able to get away with decent photography, but are still shortchanging ourselves for what the camera could actually create.

In other news.. I have been lucky to get some calls recently for photo shoots and will try to fill up my weekends as much as I can. I'm also going to try to take advantage of time for road tripping.. hopefully to make it to Tennessee for a couple days and then down to Florida to visit Kristin by the end of the month. And then of course there is Clemson football.. I will definitely be heading up for the WF game. At this point I'm doing it more to visit with friends than for the game itself.. since I'm fairly certain our season might continue to struggle. Poor tigres.

Life is busy but it's still interesting! Will just have to see how next week goes.

Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderfulness that is fall! Namely pumpkin spice lattes :)

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP