Loving Fall.. Remembering my Roots

>> Friday, October 2, 2009

I love those special days when you notice beauty all around you. Maybe changing seasons bring more than just allergies.


This afternoon the setting sun hit our backyard just right, and I think for the first time I noticed that Fall has come. There's a tiny red chair that my grandma used to have at her house that for as long as I can remember was "my" chair. I honestly didn't notice it was the same chair until today. It is slightly rusted and shares the same hue of red with the antique water pump next to it. The flower pot in the center used to be the focus with its bright daisies and hanging vines. Now, within the basket among 3-leaf clovers is an old concrete garden ornament with cupped hands saying "By His hands we all are fed".

Of course, I had a lazy Friday night planned out so I decided to pull out my camera and get some shots while also enjoying the mild weather. There are many other fun shots around our backyard so I took some time documenting my mom's little collections.

While I was shooting, the song "Hard Times Come Again No More" by Nancy Griffith was playing in my head. I decided to look up the lyrics and I thought they fit the mood for my afternoon:

Let us pause in life's pleasures and count it's many tears
While we all sup sorrow with the poor
There's a song that will linger forever in our ears;
Oh, hard times come again no more

I think they are beautiful lyrics. It's pretty obvious there will always be hard times, but recognizing the place we are at in life will make us much more able to handle the challenges to come. Just as seasons change, beautiful and not-so-comfortable periods come with each.


My granddad would be really happy to know we still have this chair :)
Mom loves her garden ornaments



Some aren't ready to let go just yet

Because I just can't have enough pictures of Rylynn

1 comments:

mac October 3, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

lovin' that first shot!

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP