Meet My Bro

>> Saturday, October 24, 2009



A real blessing of photography is getting to shoot those you love. It's surprising that I'm just now getting some photos of my brother (ok, maybe not, he's a 20 yr old guy). But, while we were shooting it dawned on me that my brother's grandkids could be looking at these photos one day. Not sure why that has never directly come to mind before during a shoot, but it's very true.

Photographers can easily get caught up in composition and technique. I'm sure I'm not alone to say a lot of times I'm nervous during shoots... a little paranoid that I forgot to choose the correct setting or that I'm using the wrong lens for the moment. But the real beauty of photography comes with the moment at hand and what that moment will mean for many, many years to come. It's really beautiful, actually.

I had the pleasure of shooting my friend's nephew this morning (photos to come). While I was editing, I found myself smiling at the tickle session between mom and son and realized that I was too distracted during the actual shoot to adequately process what was happening. Point being: a shot of a moment is special.. blurry or not. I'm sure the mom will be much more thankful that I could capture her playing with her 18 month old than whether or not the photo is "artsy".

So, please enjoy the photos of my brother and his friend, Shannon. There's something really unique about young adulthood and I hope they will look at these photos and remember this time.

And yes, ladies, he's single ;)







0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP