A Krantz's Christmas :)

>> Thursday, December 3, 2009

I followed up the photo shoot at Harmon's with another shoot of my adorable cousins. We had a small window of time to get the photos in (dang early winter sunsets) but still managed to get some cool shots. Kayden is so sweet.. and let me just tell you she absolutely loves her dog, Jess! Jess is still in the puppy stage and a little energetic, but I was glad she was there because Kayden's face would light up every time she was around. There's really something special about little kids and their dogs!

Justin is my first cousin and grew up next door (literally). He was like a brother to me and it's fun to see him in a father role.. you just know he absolutely adores his little girl. Jade was patient through all of the unpredictable occurrences that often accompany a photo shoot. I love her laugh!

As hyper as Jess might be, she makes wonderful photos :)

Can we say, "Christmas card"? ;)


This is a kissy family ;)

One of my favorites

She's just so cute.. I could do this all day!

I'll end with a photo that I know will make Sarah happy :)



It was a wonderful Sunday and I'm glad to have been a part of it. As exhausting as it is to do 2 shoots with 5 kids, I loved it. As a general rule I may not do back to back family shoots anymore so that I can reserve fresh ideas for each shoot, but it worked out fine in this case. I'll most likely be slowing down with photo shoots until it warms up a bit, but I still get to take part in stuff like this: http://www.help-portrait.com/. There's a national campaign to photograph people who have lost their jobs during the recession. The philosophy is that these individuals could really benefit from good head shots that might be useful for job applications. I think it's also just a general way to give a gift to those who could not normally afford professional photography. The mission has expanded to include kids and families, which helps provide invaluable memories as well as a little self-esteem boost :). I'm excited to participate since I have no money to offer but I can at least cheaply provide a high-quality product for someone who could really use it. The national help-portrait day is December 12th, so I will most likely be heading up to Greenville that day to volunteer (any local peeps who want to join, give me a hollar :)



Just so you guys know, my uncle passed away on Tuesday night and it has been a sad week for my family. He's been sick for a very long time so we are relieved that he is not suffering anymore. I know it's still going to be a tough holiday season, especially for my mom, so prayers are appreciated. I'll still be heading down to Tampa after the funeral on Friday since my ticket is purchased, so hopefully the weekend will be a nice getaway.



Love and peace to all of you!

1 comments:

Sarah December 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

aww...weims...dogs after my own heart! love the album tia- it's one of my favs :)

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP