2 Print Sales for Haiti! Please help

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

First, I am really disappointed in Pat Robertson (not that I ever cared about him that much to begin with) and I truly hope that the world isn't reading too much into his ignorant statements. For any of you who saw the youtube video where Robertson claimed that Haiti made a pack with the devil (and therefore somehow deserved the devastation that happened to them), know that 99.8% of the religious world thinks he's absolutely insane. Donald Miller provided a well thought out response to his statement that was void of anger, which I find impressive, and is worth the read if you are interested.

OK, now that is behind me, I am offering 2 of my matted prints for sale in order to be able to give to Haiti (100% of the proceeds). I would offer the framed prints too but I unfortunately need them for an art show that's coming up in a month. I've already given $10 by texting "Haiti" to 90999, which adds the charge to your next phone bill. Sadly enough that is the only amount of money I can swing right now without going into debt since I am paying student loans and other bills while working a low-income hourly job. I'm glad I can at least offer prints since they hold value and have been paid in full.

Please let me know if you are interested. Check out http://tiawilliams.smugmug.com/Merchandise/Framed-and-Matted-Prints to see which matted prints are still available. If you are outside of Columbia I can add an affordable shipping charge and we can set up a transaction through Paypal. Once they are sold (you can purchase only 1 if you would like) I will submit the money to an appropriate charity, probably the Red Cross or an equally legitimate group unless you have a preference. You will then receive a forwarded confirmation from the charity by email.

This disaster has been overwhelming and it has affected me more than I ever imagined. I have good friends who spent a couple months in Haiti building homes and schools and I truly hope their work wasn't in vain. Poor Haiti can't seem to catch a break. I think it's also made me realize that my worry over finding a job is miniscule compared to the difficulties that come with living in the poorest country in the world. I know I would at least be able to get some kind of health care in the case of a tragedy, regardless of the bad state of our economy. I couldn't imagine being approached by the many Haitians that are carrying their injured relatives and friends in search of any kind of medical treatment. It just breaks my heart.

Pray for Haiti. I fear the worst is yet to come. Once the world stops paying attention and goes back to worrying about political scandals and celebrity gossip, Haiti will still be (slowly) rebuilding and fighting disease, crime and propaganda.

If you would like to buy my prints, feel free to call me at 803-513-8921 or email at tianicole.williams@gmail.com


0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP