Art show time again!

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So, back in November I trekked around Columbia to various coffee shops and venues trying to find anyone that would take my extra prints off of my hands. Turns out this isn't the greatest city for local art and all of the 3 coffee shops in this city only do exhibit showcases.

I was delighted when the manager of Cool Beans asked me to be the exhibition artist after flipping through some of my Charleston photos. The coffee shop was booked for 3 months but I figured there was no harm in agreeing since I had some time to prepare.

Well, it's now January 20th and the big day, February 14th, is right around the corner! I must say, it's nice to actually know what I'll be doing on Valentines day for the first time in forever.. haha.

I'm mostly displaying my South Carolina photos as well as a couple other randoms. I know you're supposed to have a theme for stuff like this.. but my theme is that I have no theme. Every photo is special to me for a different reason and, honestly, I might not ever have a "style". I'm starting to be okay with that.

Here are a couple that I recently took that I might be adding to the stack. I don't know if I'll have much time to get any more since I really need to start ordering prints soon... but now that the weather is nice I might get lucky :)


This is the violin I've had since the 5th grade. I don't know how it has just now occurred to me that I should get some photos of it. Somehow I cherish these photos like they're photo of my child.. haha. Maybe I should start spending time with my Linly again ;)

I run the Riverwalk a lot and finally thought to bring my camera one night last week. Glad I did!

If you want to check out some of the other photos I might be selling (still narrowing down) check them out here. Better yet, let me know which ones you really like and that will help me make a final decision :)

My work should be up Feb 14th through March 28th if you want to stop by. Thanks for all of the encouragement and support!!

2 comments:

Keenan January 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Good Luck, I really enjoy your art! The violin is very profound... I'm glad that you were able to see art to help Haiti, that was creative (no pun intended).

I will put together my portfolio within the next few months. I'm doing my first engagement shoot tomorrow (pro bono).

Tia January 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Thanks, Keenan! And I hope your engagement shoot went well! Can't wait to see the photos.

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP