SOTU.. and other stuff

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010

If any of you read this blog and would like to get more involved in an awesome photography organization in Columbia, go here. I've started a Help-Portrait group for our area since one didn't already exist. Also, Jeremy Cowart sent an email saying that HP would like to have a an art sale for Haiti on Valentine's day, which just happens to be the day I'm putting up my work in Cool Beans (how random is that?). So, I'd like to get more people to join Cola's Help-Portrait and invite them to add some work to my collection. You can request any amount of proceeds to go to Haiti and I will include a note under the piece with your name, website (if you wish) and donation amount.

There's a chance I could be leaving Columbia eventually for a full time job, but hopefully someone will want to step up to the plate to take over when that happens.

I hope most people were able to see the State of the Union last night. It helps to at least watch for the sake of public awareness, regardless of your political affiliations. Obama has power to inspire, let's just hope that he can accomplish a fourth of his major goals for this next political year. I know small businesses would especially benefit in the elimination of capital gains taxes.. something my dad was excited to hear Obama mention. Whether or not that would ever pass in the House is doubtful. The administration (and the American people) might face even more difficulty since the Supreme Court has now made it possible for corporations to pay for votes.. something that has been highly looked down upon forever. (Seriously, where did that decision come from?). I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.. but if it were destined to happen I wish it would have taken place a couple years ago so that Steven Colbert could have finished his campaign with Doritos. Now that would have been an interesting campaign to watch to the end!

I don't see how the average American has any voice at all anymore. How citizens are considered over the bribes and persuasion of lobbyist and corporations is beyond me.

What are your SOTU/political thoughts? I'll welcome anything.. just please don't refer to Obama as Hitler or Jesus and we'll be good :)

On a lighter note, I'm attending a workshop on how to shoot babies and children this afternoon :) I also have a photo shoot with our photography group leader, Keith Haig, and his wife on Sunday that I'm very excited about! The high is only supposed to be 44* (eeek..it's 66 right now!) but it should be a lot of fun. Especially getting to try out my new Steve Madden boots! ow oww!!

I'll end with a random photo that makes me happy. C'mon warm weather and flowers!


2 comments:

Matt January 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

"On a lighter note, I'm attending a workshop on how to shoot babies and children this afternoon :)" Without context, this statement is both hilarious and disturbing.

Tia January 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

ha! touche. I don't think think about how we use the word "shoot" in context anymore :)

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP