Almost time!

>> Thursday, February 4, 2010


The big day is almost here! The first of the roommates, Kelly, will be married off this Saturday. Kristin will follow soon after in July. That just leaves Sarah and I.. and who knows what the future has in store for us :)

It's hard to believe that prior to college I didn't have many close girl friends. Ashley was by my side through all of high school.. and we had a blast on the soccer field and at all of the school events. Mostly, though, I hung out with the boys because that's what I was used to. I don't have a sister and I was pretty competitive with my guy cousins next door (they will never admit that I would bait their hooks for them!). I kept a lot of the same guy friends all through middle and high school and then everything changed as soon as I got to college. Rather, I changed and decided to leave the past behind me. Even though I had some wonderful guy friends that were like brothers to me.. I realized that our relationships were different (and often took a drastic turn when someone started dating). So.. in the end it wasn't healthy for me to count on them as my best friends.. and I decided to finally get closer to the girls in my life at Clemson. It's a good thing that I did since I don't speak to a single one of those guys now because they are married and rightly committed to their wives.

Most people that know me understand that I'm a very open person. Even so, I didn't get vulnerable and dependent on my friends until I had roommates. You get to see THE best and THE worst of each other. That was a new thing for me since I was practically an only child with my brother being 6 years younger.

Now, almost 5 years after graduation, these girls are my family. I can say without a doubt that we wouldn't have remained this close without living together for 2-3 years. It's hard for me to imagine getting that close to anyone else one day (okay, maybe a husband).

For the record, DCF was a great church to teach me about community. The house church mentality is spot on.. because you have to do more than hang out on Sundays to get to know the church body. I truly miss it.. and I hope that wherever I end up I can finally find a group like that again. We need community more than air.

So.. here's to Kelly. May this weekend be everything you've ever dreamed and the days to follow be even better. To Kris and Sarah, you have everything in the world to look forward to and it's because of the kind of people you are. No one else could be a better friend to me and I'm sure you will be a blessing to everyone that surrounds you.

Sarah, Austin just became 10x cooler with you there.. and I'm sure you're making more of an impression than you will ever know.

I love all of you SO much! I couldn't have made it through the last 9 months without all of you.. seriously.

Fun wedding weekend photos to come!

2 comments:

Kristin February 7, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

Aww, we love you too! Thankful for good friends!

Sarah February 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM  

Tia! Thank you for your kind words...Columbia is way cooler b/c YOu are there, and you are making the most of this time in your life! ;) You will take away so much from your time in Cola, and look back one day and be thankful for all of it! Remain hopeful my friend. xoxo

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP