Rylynn's first snow day! Feb 12th '10

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

As much as I enjoyed the snow this winter (8.5 inches, greatest amount since 1973!) I am surely ready for Spring! Still, it was a blast watching Rylynn on her first snow day. I officially have a million photos of my dog. They're just so darn cute, ya know?

Glad we got at least an hour outside to take photos before I was busy preparing my mats for Cool Beans. It was absolutely beautiful... I've never experienced our little compound in quite the same way. Sure we've gotten snow (like an inch or 2) but to see almost 10 inches of snow on the ground and filling the woods is surreal. Especially at night when the snow was still falling and the sky reflected a weird rusty red color from our dim street lights.

Rylynn frequently dove into large piles of snow completely burying her head. I'm not sure what she was looking for but it was very amusing to watch. Once we made her come inside she would lay by the door and sulk until we let her back out again (also very unusual!). We're starting to think she was born in the wrong state.


About 6:00.. maybe an hour after the snow started falling

She's ready to pounce!

Cool angle of the house... looks quite massive (it's not)

Bluest sky I've ever seen.. didn't enhance this at all

She knows how to pose for me by now

so green

she loved running in the snow!

and she knows she's pretty

LOVE this photo!

great that we have vegetation in SC that doesn't die in the winter

Evidently 8 inches can melt really fast.. this was taken at about 9:30 in the morning

chillin


Maybe we'll see another storm like this again in 37 years. I'm glad I was here to experience it. To all of the kids out there.. you can thank me for the snowfall since I said I wouldn't be seeing as much as a flake this year ;)

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP