Nature's Harmony part 2

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

I know you all have just been DYING to see the rest of the farm photos, right? :P Well I have certainly made you wait long enough, regardless. It's been a busy and interesting week to say the least. Maybe I'll blog about it.. maybe I won't. We shall see.

Without further adieu (what does that mean anyway??), more cute animals. Hope you enjoy.


These are Ossabaws. They are immigrant pigs that became semi-wild after breeding with local pigs in Georgia. Evidently chefs in NY pay top-dollar for their meat. Random fact for the day.
This is how you feed pigs
Heading down to feed the females and piglets
Just a couple weeks old
Evidently this sow is due any day.. I should have come one weekend later :)
oh, pigs.
Dairy cows are absolutely beautiful. Absolutely.
Feeding the geese
This means he is threatening me. Well, I grew up with geese too and I'm not skeered. Bring it.
These are naked neck Rouge chickens
Which are smart enough to know how to fly into the feed barrel
chickies in the incubator
This makes me miss the days of incubating ducklings. Except I have a feeling this farm is a lot better at raising them successfully than I was when I was 10.
hi cutie
My mom wanted to take home a lamb one day after a visit to the state fair. We were very close to raising a sheep in the backyard. Would have been interesting.
Besties
Gumdrop and Dante were my favorites. Dante liked chewing on my shorts and chacos while out in the field.. we were tight.
'ello Govna

Gobble gobble. This is a Holland White turkey.
Free range chickens have the life. Mixed in there are Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorp, Barred Rocks and White Rocks
Am I the only person who thinks chickens are beautiful? :P

There were also peacocks on the farm but I wasn't able to find them once I came back around to take photos. Still kind of kicking myself for that but I think I have enough animal photos to last a year or 2. What a wonderful time!

Special thanks to Kerry for being such a great host and an interesting teacher. Kerry, you're going to make a great farmer!

0 comments:

Follow me on twitter!

About Me

My photo
Tia Nicole Photography has launched this summer after many practice photo sessions and the encouragement of some dear friends and family ("Life Through Tia's Lens" was a recommendation of my good friend, Kristin, who has been an avid supporter the whole way through!). This blog has documented the process from the beginning and also dates back to some older rantings during grad school and football seasons. Feel free to get to know me and my work. I like to focus primarily on natural shots, true emotions and beautiful landscapes. I also absolutely adore kids and pets so you will find a good bit of my work in these areas. Feel free to contact me anytime! I love blog comments!

My pup, Rylynn!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP